CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »



I just got back from an amazing trip to Estes Park Colorado, where my couisin got married at the Stanley Hotel. The Stanley is the hotel that inspired Stephen King to write The Shining. Also, it's where they filmed parts of Dumb and Dumber! I love the part where they race up the stairs.

Ghost Hunters did a couple of fantastic episodes at the Stanley. We actually got to do a ghost tour that highlighted some of the places where the crew filmed. It was very cool. My cousin and I went into one of the side rooms, and, I don't know why, but we had this feeling like we should take a picture in one of the mirrors there. As you can see, our inclination was dead-on. The picture is a little blurry, but we caught the faintest trace of three ghosts in the room.













6 comments:

Rachel said...

Caitlin, YOU did a ghost tour? Then did you break out the ouija board? This does not sound like the Caitlin I know.

I love the pacman ghosts. They are so creepy. I was always so terrible at that game and, come to find out, I still am (I played it on New Years Eve).

caitlin said...

I know! So unlike me. Suddenly I am obsessed with all of those Discovery Channel shows about ghosts, too. I saw one where a couple would just leave their baby's room and come back and all of the stuffed animals would be arranged in a perfect circle on the floor. So scary. Steve brings up a good point though - why do you never see caveman ghosts? It's always like, 1865 ghosts.

Mary said...

Because the caveman ghosts are in the caves....duuuh! :)

Rachel said...

Did your obsession begin with that video about scary skeletons? Because I could see that really being a good springboard for ghost mania.

I think all Discovery channel shows should be carefully screened. Especially if you're thinking about giving birth this decade...don't watch the "special delivery" ones. Yikes! Seriously, yikes.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone remember that tv remake of The Shining? It had that guy from Wings playing the main part. I think this was when we were in high school. I tried watching & got too scared. I think I attempted to sleep on my parents floor but that really didn't work. My room wasn't much better though. Sometimes bats were flying around up there.

caitlin said...

Oh my gosh - Micah - they filmed that miniseries at the Stanley! I guess Stephen King wanted to make something that followed the book more closely. I love everyone from "Wings." Does anyone remember that scary afterschool special called "The Red Room?" Guess what it was about.