CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Do you hear something?

I was scouring the Internet looking for a story I couldn't quite remember about someone whom I thought had skin cells removed from their ear, and then grafted onto their nose due to skin cancer. The story went, in my mind at least, that the ear cells were so hellbent on continuing their life's mission to become an ear that the patient's nose started to grow some sort of ear-like growth on the end of it. The person had, in a sense, a total earnose. 


Man, I wanted that story to be true! I now actually think it may have just been a dream I had. In any case, as I was obsessively googling it and finding nothing to support the reality of my fabled earnose, I did come across this guy.


This guy has an armear. You can read the full article that I stumbled across here. He's a Greek-born Australian performance artist named Stelios Arcadious, which is like, four letters away from Stadium Arcadium, the Red Hot Chili Peppers album.  Some people call him "Stelarc." I call him "reason I can't sleep at night."

He spent 10 years searching for a surgeon willing to perform the controversial operation and, as I understand it, his "third ear" is really human cartilage that has been grown into the shape of an ear, kind of like the Batman cakes my mom used to bake for us as kids, except those solidified into the shape of Batman. And we did not implant them in our body, but rather ate them whilst drinking Super Sips purchased at the red store that subsequently and without fail burned our throats like battery acid. 

In any case, to further enhance the living art exhibit of his own body,  the artist hopes "to have a tiny microphone implanted [in] it that will connect with a Bluetooth transmitter; that way you can listen to what my ear is hearing."

Okay, let me just repeat that. 

He hopes to have a tiny microphone implanted in his arm ear, so that people can hear what his arm ear is hearing. Wow. How committed to the arm ear is this guy? He just wants to maintain the authenticity of a real ear that badly. Can he take it out? Will it be there forever? Is he going to put a dorsal fin on his back? Or some sort of finger mohawk on his head? Because I'm totally getting a second set of eyes and a mouth installed and its going to look a little like this.

I also loved how many Bluetooth and hearing aid ads ran up and down the page alongside the original article. 

6 comments:

Buff Tan Honky said...

This guy is so rad I can't even really wrap my mind around it. I also think this guy should look into those Cochlear bionic ear implants that way he could hear what his arm is hearing while the bluetooth lets everyone else in on the fun. I would be listening to that guy's arm 24-7.

Anonymous said...

We have been scouting around at this webpage and find it to be highly helpful. I would greatly appreciate all help.

Lately, Louisville has come forth as a major gathering place for the health care and healthcare sciences industries. Louisville has been key to enhancements in heart and hand surgical procedure as well as cancer treatment. Certain of the earliest man made cardiovascular system transplants were carried out in Louisville. Louisville's thriving downtown medical research campus comprises of a innovative $88 million rehabilitation gathering place, and a well being sciences exploration and commercialization park which, in alliance with the University of Louisville, has lured nearly Seventy main experts and researchers. Louisville is also home to Humana, 1 of the nation's major health insurance policies companies.

Louisville is home to a number of major companies and corporations.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm seeking help for the children of Haiti.

I'm doing my part for a non-profit haiti group that gives time to
building oppurtunities for the children in haiti. If anyone here wants to help then this is the place:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They give kids in Haiti books and teach them.

And yes, they're legit.

I greatly appreciate anyone's help

Anonymous said...

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=13415][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/thumbnails/117/Minissha Lamba-91.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=13240][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/thumbnails/117/Minissha Lamba-90.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=13236][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/thumbnails/117/Minissha Lamba-87.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/details.php?image_id=13234][IMG]http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/data/thumbnails/117/Minissha Lamba-85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]


[url=http://www.wallpaperhungama.in/cat-Minissha-Lamba-117.htm][b]Minissha Lamba Sexy Wallpapers[/b][/url]

Photo gallery at WallpaperHungama.in is dedicated to Minissha Lamba Pictures. Click on the thumbnails on enlarged Minissha Lamba pictures, exclusive photographs and exclusive photos. Also check discernible other Pictures Gallery representing High property and Momentous Decision appearance scans, talking picture captures, talkie promos, wallpapers, hollywood & bollywood pictures, photos of actresses and celebrities

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

Awailioni

Anonymous said...

Hello there everybody, I just registered on this terrific online community and wanted to say hey there! Have a wonderful day!