CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April Fools' Day Lunch!





Okay, I know, I'm obsessed with this project. I've put it up on Facebook and texted it to like twenty of my friends. Each person that came into my classroom on April Fools' Day had to listen to me explain all the ingredients in detail. I just can't get enough! 

If you want to make it yourself, it's really easy. All you need to do is slice and toast pound cake for the "grilled cheese." Cut it diagonally before frosting. Smooth bright yellow frosting on the toast and assemble your tiny sandwiches. 

Next, zap green apple or watermelon-flavored Airheads taffy in the microwave and break it into small pieces. Roll the pieces into tiny green balls for the "peas."

Last, add one scoop of vanilla ice cream with caramel or butterscotch for a total mashed potatoes and gravy look-a-like!

My students ate their treat, and then flew around the room like Quidditch players, powered by the force of what must have been a truckload of pure cane sugar.  They promptly crashed twenty minutes later. 

I think I may have actually gotten a cavity just from just handling that much taffy. I spent the rest of the day smelling like the Melody Skate Rink snack counter. Which was kind of nice actually. 

In any case, it was totally worth it. And do you know what else was totally worth it? The five minutes I just spent immersed in total Nerdland trying to figure out if you capitalize "Quidditch" or not. There are some serious nerds out there. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to look up a recipe for a hamburger cake. 

0 comments: